Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Old Aged Rockers

Well last night we went to the Paul Young - Tony Hadley (ex spandau ballet front man) concert. OH MY GOD. It was awesome. Had such a great time. Tony Hadley voice was amazing. He didn't even sound like he had aged one bit from his Spandau Ballet days. As well as his amazing voice he had show man ship and was able to hold the audience's attention with just his personality. Paul Young cracked out his hits and a couple of covers. One of which was from our very own Crowded House. However "common people" & "come back and stay" had me singing and clapping. It was obvious Paul had a few more years on Tony as his voice was not what it use to be but he was still able to draw the attention of dance crazed women screaming at him from in front of the stage. He even risked his life and jumped down and slow dance with a lucky lady. Personally I would have preferred to slow dance with Rikki Morris who opened for them. He sang his trade make song "no body else" which is now 20 years old. I was in a complete ore of him. Steve and I have been to a few concerts this year and this is certainly one that I will remember. Especially since most of this music was released either before or just after I was born.

No comments: